Quantitative Analysis for Social Science ResearchChapter 8 - Using Inference to Test a Scientific Hypothesis 1 – Simple Sample Mean Hypothesis TestWhy Should I Care? Your sample data shows some wild difference with what you expected. Is this a fluke; are these...
This course will allow students to explore research methodologies through critical exploration of research tools, languages, ethics and approaches used by scientists and researchers in the field. Starting with the basic principles to exploring today’s research in social, local, global environments.
- Research methods and their applications
- Field Work
- Content Analysis
- Case Study and more
- Writing a science report
- Literature Review
- Citation Styles
- Writing in English
- Principles in Scientific Research (Ethics, Opinions)
- Models and Logics.
- Hypothesis Testing and Measurements of Variables.
- Practice with research terminology
- Be aware of the ethical principles of research, ethical challenges and approval processes
- Describe quantitative, qualitative and mixed methods approaches to research
- Identify the components of a literature review process
- Critically analyze published research
- Investigate the validity of published media and content
- Examine the impact of research in today’s world
Chapter 8 – Quantitative Methods – Sample
Research Methods Part 3.6 – MLA Style
Part 2 – The Research Methods This is a short presentation of the main research methods, as they apply to social science. 6 – MLA Style - Why Should I Care? Some journals (and academics in that same field) use the MLA style, which is useful to know. The Basics MLA...
Research Methods – Part 2.1 – Survey
Part 2 – The Research Methods This is a short presentation of the main research methods, as they apply to social science. 1 – Survey Why Should I Care? Surveys are very common. However, many are not done well. There are many traps most people don’t know about that...